The Unpopular Opinion Book Tag

Friday 8 April 2016

Look how active I am in my blog right now. I am supposed to be editing my Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli review but I got distracted. I saw this tag all around BookTube and blog-sphere, so why not get in the bandwagon? This tag is created by The Book Archer. I'd like to tell you that I am currently listening to the Hamilton playlist so I might be a little emotional here. And I might do the Hamilton Book Tag ;) Disclaimer: I do not mean to offend you. If you like any of these books, that is completely fine. This is my personal opinion.

A Popular Book/Series You Didn't Like:

99561
I'm sorry John Green fans out there but this book is not for me. I tried to read it again and again but I just can't get into it. I also tried to listen to the audio book but meh. The pacing is too slow, the writing is to be honest boring. I know this is one of the most acclaimed books out there  but I just don't like it.

A Book Series Everyone Hates But You Love:

10507293
The Selection series by Kiera Cass. These books will forever have a special place in my heart. It is the first YA series that I have read. It's crazy, I know. I recommended these books to all my classmates and schoolmate and I'm happy to say they all liked it but so many people also hate these books because of the writing and the "whiny" characters. But I love this series! And I met Kiera Cass and she was so nice. So maybe that's a factor.

A Love Triangle Where the MC Ends Up With The Person You Didn’t Want Them To End Up With:

18006496 
 I don't want to spoil anyone. So if you haven't read this series, what have you been doing? This is my favorite series, ever! Technically, this series is not yet over as of now but Sarah made it clear that my ship has sunk and will never sail again. My OTP is gone. Crashed.

A Popular Book Genre You Rarely Reach For:

Adult Romance novels. I haven't read much from this genre because maybe I'm too young and I really don't know what to start with. Recommend some books down in the comment box :)  Because I want to be a broad reader.

A Popular Beloved Character You Didn’t Like:

11235712 
 I enjoyed this book. But Kai. Ugh. He was nothing special, to be honest.

A Popular Author You Can’t Seem to Get Into:

Colleen Hoover. Her books are not for me. I read Ugly Love because it was going to be adapted into a movie. But frankly, I didn't understand all the hype in her books. She's one of those authors who focuses more on the emotions rather than the plotting the story, it's not just for me.

Popular Trope You’re Tired of Seeing:

Fantasy books that focuses in romance. Seriously, I want a main character in a fantasy book to be bad ass and independent. I can't tell you how many "fantasy" books I've read that didn't have good world building because it focused in the romance part.

Popular Series You Have No Interest In Reading:

I honestly don't know. I don't want to say no to books because I feel like if I answer this question, there may be a time in my life where I will want to read that series.

The saying goes, ‘The book is always better than the movie’ but what movie (tv show) do you prefer more than the book?

 
 I love the Hunger Games trilogy but Mockingjay is not the most satisfying conclusion in a trilogy but the movies were so fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS